Why Poland for Netherlanders? Let us explain – it is not only for the Dutch people, but for everyone who is interested in Poland. Maybe the homeland of Copernicus and Chopin remains not very well known to the average foreigner and so – who knows? – maybe not really very interesting. But Poland is a country with a very rich, royal past and the equally rich tradition, is a country with a great nature and also has lovely and picturesque landscapes. Many thing is aviable: the green polders, mountains, a desert, lakes, beautiful old castles and palaces – everyone will find something to his liking or and needs.
This website tries to give some basic information about this country, its very colourfull history, attractions, as well as additional interesting stories and topics. Our main goal is to create interest and intrigue in Poland, and encourage people from other countries to visit this land.
The website is divided into several thematic sections; everyone can choose from them according to individual preferances. Here are the main items and their content:
- Poland – basic information about the country and its people,
- Poles – some information about people,
- history – a bit of knowledge about the genesis of the state and its history, with particular emphasis on the 20th century, when Poland arose twice from non-existence (it is interesting to compare those two moments) and after a period of communism it “returned” to Europe,
- interesting stories – unworkable hodgepodge of interesting stories on various topics: fascinating historical mysteries, crimes, romances and quite modern tales,
- Poland and the Netherlands – information about the relationships linking the two countries and their people, mutual influences, interesting characters,
- tourism – reports from trips, sightseeing suggestions and whether you need to be afraid in Poland,
- gallery – pictures of various places in Poland.
Poland for Netherlanders is the result of a very successful Polish-Dutch cooperation and anyone who wants to contribute something of his own, fitting well to the website profile, is welcome!
Renata and Han (april 2012)
logo: Andrzej Kopka
Photo: Marek Angiel
All articles and materials on the site are subject to copyright. Reproduction of all or part without permission of the proprietor is forbidden.